Requiring a property valuation for Family Law purposes will usually come during a stressful time, so it is important to ensure you have expert advice backing you. By choosing Adelaide Property Valuers Metro you are guaranteed accurate, high quality service. We take pride in our dedication to client satisfaction, and as we understand the sensitive circumstances for this type of property valuation. As such, we work hard to make the process as smooth as possible.
Our valuers have over 20 years of local experience are all certified with the Australian Property Institute (API). Additionally, they are able to provide sworn valuation reports and stand as an expert in court, complying with the legislative requirements of the courts.
What does a property valuation report for Family Law Courts entail?
Property valuations for Family Law Court are purpose specific and require a specific approach that differs from our standard property valuations. Even though all our valuation reports are legal documents, those for Family Law Court include additional information to comply with the court requirements.
This specific property valuation report is known as a Long Form report, and is around 25 pages, compared to the standard 15. This report includes:
- An accurate assessment of the property’s current market value
- In depth information on the property condition and features, including the land, building exterior and interior, and any improvements made
- Detailed risk analysis, including environmental factors, property and market risks
- A breakdown of sales evidence, including recent comparable sales in the local area, and information on how the current market condition impacts value
- A rationale of how the value has been reached, including considerations factored in and various external impacts
- The valuer’s credentials and experience which qualify them to undertake this valuation
This report contains similar but expanded information included in property valuation reports for other purposes. The additional information benefits the legal process, and as such if a report is needed for separation or any other settlement mediation that doesn’t involve the courts then a long form report isn’t necessary. In these cases, a mediation or short form report can be used.
A property is a major asset, and as such it is vital to employ the right people to assist with the settlement process. At Adelaide Property Valuers Metro, we have a team of qualified valuers who have years of expertise and experience. For your Family Law Court property valuations, you will be assigned a valuer who specialises in Family Law valuations and is able to ensure compliance with legal standards and operate with complete integrity.
If you are in need of a property valuation for Family Law Courts, our team of experienced property valuers are able to help you. Contact us today on (08) 7009 4446 or fill out an online enquiry form to receive more information.